Monday 30 January 2012

Graffiti Sticker Research

I'm interested in publicly displaying some of the textures I have gathered. An initial idea for this project was producing such an effective 2D image that people feel the need to reach out and feel, creating intreaege and further exploration by the viewer.
I have found some sticker printer paper and want to spend a day applying my textured stickers to public surfaces, especially smooth areas, such as plastic on buses, windows and metal. I will photograph my results and, if successful, I have an idea to further develop this concept on a larger scale.
Public display I think is important aspect of the project as I want to expose people to the rough and raw textures covered up in a modern day slick city like Manchester.



Below are some examples of research I undertaken to help me understand how others apply this method, focussing on graffiti art.





This next image is from Paul Curtis, who's work is produced by removing dirt, not completely relevant but an hugely effective and interesting method of graffiti.


I stumbled across the work of Ofra Lapid, who uses high quality photographs in a 3D format to recreate models of derelict houses he has documented. This relates to my work with the deception of texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment